Blue Jays’ John Schneider makes Vladimir Guerrero Jr. admission amid his difficult season
With the Toronto Blue Jays looking to make a playoff push, the team has been waiting for the return of star slugger Vladimir Guerrero Jr., as he’s been on the seven-day concussion injured list (IL). As Guerrero has been on the IL for the Blue Jays, he will make his return and come back to the team, as manager John Schneider would speak on the 27-year-old’s difficult season.
He last played on Aug. 14 against the New York Yankees, where he got into a collision with shortstop George Lombard Jr., and his knee hit Guerrero’s head hard, leading to concussion symptoms, such as a headache that night and the next day. Fast forward to the present, where after playing a rehab game and passing all the concussion protocol tests, he’s back with the team as Schneider hopes it could turn around his season.
“He’s still one of our best players,” Schneider said, according to MLB.com. “And physically, he’s feeling normal. Hopefully he can be back to his normal version of himself. That’s all we’re looking for, nothing crazy. It would be great if he went on one of those crazy heaters as he did in the postseason, but it’s about hitting the ball hard, playing defense and being Vlad.”
Blue Jays’ Vladimir Guerrero Jr. looking “refreshed”?
So far this season with the Blue Jays, Guerrero has recorded a .263 batting average to go along with seven home runs and 46 RBIs in 115 games and 430 at-bats. However, Guerrero has dealt with nagging injuries in his back and hamstring, which could have led to the down season, as Schneider has noticed him looking close to possibly “refreshed.”
“He looks good physically,” Schneider said. “Watching him hit, I don’t want to say ‘refreshed,’ but he definitely looks good. Hopefully that cleared up all of the other stuff, and he can be himself for the last month of the season.”
It remains to be seen if Guerrero can turn around his season, as the team is looking to end the year with a bang, currently having a 63-67 record, which puts them fourth in the AL East.
The post Blue Jays’ John Schneider makes Vladimir Guerrero Jr. admission amid his difficult season appeared first on ClutchPoints.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0