England cricketer Brydon Carse handcuffed by police after nightclub incident
England bowler Brydon Carse was led away from a nightclub by police in another embarrassing episode for English cricket.
Carse, who is in the England squad for the second Test against Pakistan, was surrounded by four police officers outside the club in Derby.

In the video showing him in handcuffs, Carse’s England and Durham teammate Matthew Potts is seen trying to talk to Carse with Ben Stokes also appearing at the back of the shot.
The 31-year-old was briefly detained by police at the scene but wasn’t arrested with it being unclear what led to him being placed in handcuffs.
He returned to the team hotel having been released without charge.
ECB statement
A spokesperson for the England and Wales Cricket Board said: “We are aware of an incident which is reported to have taken place in Derby last night, and are currently investigating. We will provide a further update when possible.”
Carse was an unused member of England’s Test squad in Headingley, which they won by an innings and 103 runs inside three days.
Instead, he played for his county Durham at Derby in the County Championship where Division Two leaders Durham pulled off a stunning late win.
Stokes starred as he took 5-17, as Derbyshire were bowled out for 84. Carse took two wickets in the match.
Some members of the Durham team went out in Derby to with the evening ending on a sour note with this incident.
Carse is set to be included in the squad for England’s second Test against Pakistan at Lord’s, which commences on Thursday.
The team will assemble in London on Monday before beginning training on Tuesday.
It’s said that an investigation will be launched by the ECB and Cricket Regulator despite the fact the incident happened when Carse wasn’t on England duty.
Another England night out controversy
This represents another sorry episode for English cricket, which has seen some of its players involved in unsavoury incidents in the early hours over the past year.
The most serious incident saw Harry Brook, England’s Test vice-captain, get punched by a nightclub bouncer in Wellington, hours before leading England in an ODI against New Zealand in November last year.
During the Ashes last year, a mid-series break in Noosa caught headlines for players drinking.
And most recently, after England won the first Test of the summer against New Zealand captain Ben Stokes as well as Gus Atkinson beyond the team’s new midnight curfew. They were stood down for the following Test.
Stokes subsequently retired from international cricket at the end of the New Zealand series and was replaced by Joe Root, who had led the Test team between 2017 and 2022.

One of Root’s first acts upon his reinstatement as captain was to ditch the enforced curfew and call on the players to ‘be adults’.
Carse hasn’t played a match for England in any form since being their leading wicket taker Down Under in a series which England lost 4-1.
The South Africa born star has represented England for five years, playing 14 Tests and 44 matches in the white-ball formats.
In 2024, Carse was suspended for three months by the Cricket Regulator for betting on cricket between 2017 and 2019, which contravenes rules.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0