Manny Pacquiao announces exhibition fight with ‘Siberian Rocky’ as he misses out on world title shot
Manny Pacquiao will take to the ring again in an exhibition clash with veteran Ruslan Provodnikov.
Pacquiao made his full professional comeback last July, fighting to a controversial draw with Mario Barrios in a WBC 147lbs world title fight.

Ever since then, he has been trying to land his next return, and was in talks to face WBA champion Rolly Romero.
But that bout has failed to materialise, although the Filipino legend has now confirmed his next move.
He will now next take on 42-year-old Provodnikov in an exhibition bout which will not count on his professional record.
The ‘Siberian Rocky’, has not fought professionally since 2016, but will making a return to face his fellow veteran.
Proceedings will take place on April 18 at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.
On the huge announcement, Pacquiao said: “I carry the Philippines with me every time I fight.
“The support from my country and from fans around the world continues to inspire me.
“Returning to Las Vegas means so much to me, and I’m excited to work with a team focused on creating a world-class experience for the fans.
“I’m coming back to give them a great fight and I’m ready.”
Pacquiao vs Provodnikov – all the details
For Pacquiao and Provodnikov, this is not the first time they have been linked with one another.

It was said that the Russian, a feared puncher in his prime, gave Pacquiao a hard time in sparring.
In 2014, the pair looked set to meet with Provodnikov needing to beat Chris Algieri to set up the clash.
But the American scored a stunning upset, and his potential hard-hitting foe missed out on his shot at the big time.
Since retiring in 2016, Provodnikov has been linked with a return but it has never materialised.
But he will now get his dream shot against Pacquiao, albeit well beyond the peak of their powers.
Arthur Pellulo, chief of Banner Promotions who will stage the fight, said: “Manny and Ruslan should have faced each other earlier in their careers, and it’s a shame it didn’t happen sooner, but at least we are getting it now.

“As far as Ruslan is concerned, [he] has always wanted to get either Pacquiao or Mayweather in the ring and now the opportunity is here.
“I am confident that Ruslan will steal the show and rise to the occasion.”
For Pacquiao, it will be frustrating to miss out on a shot at a world title, and a chance to become the welterweight division’s oldest champion.
But he will look to showcase his skills in yet another exhibition, and keep active to try and land that shot at the end of the year with time running out.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0