Conor McGregor ‘accepts’ UFC return against ‘no name’ opponent in now-deleted post
Conor McGregor has once again teased his long-awaited return to the UFC with a now-deleted post on social media.
The Irishman has been away from the octagon since July 2021 when he broke his leg during defeat to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264.

McGregor has had his sights set on making a comeback on the White House card, which is scheduled to take place on June 14.
Earlier in the week, the 37-year-old revealed that he was offered an opponent and date, both of which he accepted.
He has since provided another update on the pending fight, but once again kept the name a secret with a separate deleted post on X.
“It’s a no name up next for me possibly, folks,” he said. “I ACCEPT. Send the contract, lads.”
Is 2026 the year McGregor returns?
McGregor was scheduled to fight Michael Chandler in June 2024 at UFC 303.
However, it was called off after he suffered a broken toe in sparring, with an orthopedic surgeon saying he made the correct decision.
An image of the injury showed nasty swelling, with his foot becoming so swollen that he wore slippers at a Bellator event.
McGregor last revealed he was ready to fight Chandler, but the pair never met.
He then claimed he would fight the American at the White House, but UFC president Dana White shut down a matchup.
“No,” White said in January if it was a realistic scenario. “I mean, that was a couple of years ago.

“No [that’s nothing I would entertain].”
White added: “We’ll see if Conor’s going to come back or not. “We’ve been talking about it for a while – we’ll see how it plays out.
“I don’t know, though.”
Despite this, Nate Diaz teased a trilogy fight with McGregor when he named three potential opponents for his own comeback.
Diaz won their first clash in March 2016, before McGregor took victory in the second five months later.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0