Manchester United to instantly reject European club’s audacious bid for Bruno Fernandes

Aug 17, 2026 - 18:00
Manchester United to instantly reject European club’s audacious bid for Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United consider Bruno Fernandes not for sale at any price, talkSPORT understands.

The Red Devils will immediately reject any offers for their superstar captain amid interest from Galatasaray.

Bruno Fernandes playing for Man United
Man United consider Fernandes not for sale at any price this summer
Getty

The Turkish giants are prepared to make a £42.7million bid, but they are yet to send their approach to United.

And if they do, the Red Devils have no intention of accepting it.

Galatasaray are understood to be open to offering Fernandes a lucrative four-year contract at the club to try and tempt him.

However, the Portugal international has not indicated to Man United that he wants to leave to date.

The club don’t want him to leave either, with United not looking to engage with any other teams over a sale.

Fernandes did have a £57m release clause in his contract, but that has now expired.

His current deal at Old Trafford expires next summer.

Man United’s change of stance

The 13-time Premier League winners will not be selling their skipper this summer amid exit links, which also arose last year.

In 2025, Fernandes turned down a massive £700,000-a-week contract with Saudi club Al Hilal to stay in Manchester.

He made that decision despite feeling that Man United wanted him to depart, which was something he revealed in December.

Bruno Fernandes playing for Man United
Fernandes’ future at Old Trafford was also a debate last year
Getty

“I could have left like many people do and said, ‘I want to leave, I don’t want to train, I just want to leave for €20million or €30million , so they pay me more on the other side’,” Fernandes admitted.

“But I never did that. I never felt in a position to do that, because I felt that the empathy and affection I had for the club were the same.

“But there comes a point where, for them, money is more important than anything. The club wanted me to go, I have that in my head.

“I told the directors this, but I think they didn’t have the courage to make that decision…from the club’s side, I felt a bit like, ‘If you leave, it’s not so bad for us.’

“It hurts me a lot. More than hurting, it makes me sad because I’m a player they have nothing to criticise about.”

Now, a year later, Man United are set on keeping Fernandes as they head into the new Premier League season.

Bruno Fernandes playing for Man United
Fernandes is going to stay at the club and lead them into another season
Getty

Michael Carrick‘s side take on newly-promoted Hull City in their opening game of the campaign on Saturday.

talkSPORT will have live commentary of the game at 12:30pm, provided by Sam Matterface and former Hull manager and Man United defender Steve Bruce.

Listen talkSPORT through the website or find us on DAB digital radio through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.

Download and listen to all our live commentaries via the talkSPORT app.

For the latest odds and bet boosts for every big event, visit talkSPORT BET.

Subscribe to the talkSPORT YouTube channel for news, views and analysis plus our regular goals show and for more, follow us on talkSPORT Facebook and talkSPORT on X.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0