Darwin Nunez told perfect transfer landing spots as he sends instant message after Al-Hilal squad snub
Darwin Nunez’s steely glare spoke volumes.
After he scored his second goal for Al-Hilal in their 2-1 win over Al-Wahda in Asian Champions League action on Monday, Nunez gazed up in the direction of Al-Hilal’s ownership.

The former Liverpool striker held the stare for several seconds along with a slight smirk on his face before he muttered something to himself.
Nunez’s brace proved to be an emphatic response to being dropped from Al-Hilal’s Saudi Pro League squad for the second half of the campaign.
Why was Nunez dropped from Al-Hilal’s squad for the Saudi Pro League?
The Uruguayan was axed to make way for January arrival Karim Benzema, who had moved from Saudi rivals Al-Ittihad.
Knowing the one-time Ballon d’Or winner was headed to Al-Hilal, Nunez pushed for a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
Given the Turkish Super Lig outfit had lost Jhon Duran to Zenit St Petersburg and Youssef En-Nesyri to Al-Ittihad, Fenerbahce were in need of extra firepower.
However, Nunez’s mooted switch to Fenerbahce failed to materialise, leaving him stuck behind Benzema despite joining Al-Hilal last summer from Liverpool for an estimated £46million.
Benzema wasted little time in making an impact in his Al-Hilal debut as he bagged a hat-trick in his side’s 6-0 mauling of Al Akhdoud.
What does the future hold for Nunez?
With Benzema joining on an 18-month contract, Nunez stands a likely chance of departing in the summer despite having arrived only a year ago.
As for where the 26-year-old will end up, European football expert Andy Brassell expects Fenerbahce to return to the negotiating table.
Brassell also refused to rule out a shock return to South America for Nunez, with a certain league able to make moves until March 3.

The rule which forced Nunez to be dropped
Saudi clubs can only register eight foreign players born before 2003 in their 25-man squads
“I think there’s still an opportunity for him to work out a club in Europe,” Brassell told talkSPORT.
“I would see when you look at the numbers obviously in the Saudi Pro League, [the] Turkish Super League would make sense in a summer window and I wonder if Fenerbahce would have a look because they didn’t get the top billing centre forward that they really wanted in this January transfer window.
“They cut short the loan spell of Jhon Duran, went to Zenit in Russia so they didn’t get the top billing centre forward that they were looking for and maybe Darwin could be that.
“If you look at the fact that he can hold up, he’s strong, he’s fast. All of those things should recommend him to a lot of clubs and I’m quite sad it didn’t come off for Napoli because, especially with the injury to Romelu Lukaku, it would have been absolutely vital for them this season.
“But who knows, it would have meant that Rasmus Hojlund wouldn’t have been there and wouldn’t have reignited his career the way he has because Hojlund’s been really good for Napoli so far.”
Could Nunez move to Brazil?
Brassell added: “It does make me a bit sad that nothing’s happening at the moment.

“I would not be surprised if he took the Brazilian route because, with the window still open, the money’s there at the moment, it’s by far the richest league in South America.
“Something could happen and you know you want to play before the summer and that’s obviously not an opportunity that’s going to be open to him in the Saudi Pro League for the rest of the season with the arrival of Benzema.
“I still think there’s a good few years of a player in there and he could make an impact for a European club.
“But it’s just finding the right time and finding the right deal.”
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0