Conor McGregor reveals he has ‘accepted’ date and opponent for UFC return in now-deleted post
Conor McGregor claimed he is waiting for his contract for a grand UFC comeback before quickly deleting his online comments.
McGregor, who hasn’t fought in the UFC since July 2021, is expected to return to the Octagon this summer.

The 37-year-old has reiterated his desire to fight on the upcoming UFC White House card, reportedly scheduled for President Donald Trump’s 80th birthday on June 14.
Ever since the card was made official by UFC CEO Dana White, McGregor has unsurprisingly been one of the favourites to feature on it.
The former two-division UFC champion then returned to training earlier this year, sharing rounds of sparring footage at Straight Blast Gym (SBG) Ireland after his coach John Kavanagh admitted he was ‘all-in’ on a comeback.
White has confirmed that matchmaking for the White House show is complete, and he is set to propose ‘two different options’ to Trump before making a final decision.
Conor McGregor claims he’s accepted UFC return fight
Although not specifically referencing the White House, it seems like McGregor received some good news about his return this week.
“I have been offered an opponent and a date and I accept,” McGregor wrote via X on Wednesday morning before deleting the post minutes later.
“Waiting on my contract.”
Members of the MMA fraternity have since flooded social media with their predictions on who his opponent might be.
For months, it was widely assumed that Michael Chandler would welcome McGregor back to the UFC based on the pair’s history coaching on reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter (TUF).
Both men were originally meant to conclude their rivalry at UFC 304 in 2024, but McGregor pulled out at the last minute with an injury.


However, in January, White assured fans he would not be booking that fight and has since dismissed the idea of McGregor facing Colby Covington on his return.
The majority of MMA fans now seem to think it will be Nate Diaz facing McGregor in a trilogy.
Diaz was the first man to defeat McGregor in the UFC, shockingly submitting him at UFC 196 in March 2016 before the Irishman exacted revenge by outpointing the American five months later.
Responding to McGregor’s deleted post, one fan wrote: “It’s gonna be the trilogy with Nate. Main Event. White House.”
Another added: “Nate Diaz in his comeback.”
While a third said: “Conor McGregor X Nate Diaz is now a reality.”

Diaz said this month he has ‘unfinished business’ when teasing a return to the UFC.
The Stockton slugger has reeled off a three-man hit list, including McGregor, Dustin Poirier and Mike Perry, for his own comeback fight, having not competed since 2022.
UFC schedule
For all the upcoming fights and results this year, check out talkSPORT.com’s full UFC schedule.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0