Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano undercard star waiting for UFC contract after first-round KO on Netflix
Salahdine Parnasse is seemingly waiting for a phone call from the UFC after an impressive display on Netflix last weekend.
The 28-year-old made light work of MMA veteran Kenny Cross, stopping the American with punches to the body in round one on the undercard of Ronda Rousey’s comeback win over Gina Carano.


It was the Frenchman’s first appearance on American soil, and for Jake Paul and Nakisa Bidarian’s Most Valuable Promotions (MVP).
Parnasse had told talkSPORT.com in the build-up to his fight against Cross that he wanted to translate his success in Europe, under the KSW banner, to the global stage.
And that’s exactly what he did as he now eyes a contract with the UFC.
Parnasse to UFC?
Parnasse has reportedly been watched constantly by UFC CEO Dana White over the years, but lucrative offers from Polish MMA promotion KSW kept him on their roster.
After all, he became KSW’s youngest double champion in 2022 at just 24 years old.
Parnasse was also considered the highest-paid KSW fighter at one point, claiming his earnings to be at roughly $600,000 per fight – a far cry from his disclosed purse of $70,000 from Saturday evening.
However, it seems Parnasse is now ready to make the jump to the biggest stage in the sport, having also already stated his time at KSW is over.
Speaking via X on Monday, Parnasse’s gym, Atch Academy (named after his manager and Stephane ‘Atch’ Chaufourier), wrote: “We’ve done our part.
“Now it’s up to you, Dana White, Sean Shelby (UFC matchmaker), UFC.”
Where does Parnasse go next?
Parnasse now boasts a professional MMA record of 23-2.

He told talkSPORT.com before fighting Cross that he wanted to balance his MMA future with boxing, having made his pro debut in the sweet science last year.
The Frenchman stopped former European champion Franck Petitjean in two rounds in his first boxing bout, so there’s no surprise he’s open to all opportunities.
Parnasse reiterated that sentiment when addressing the media after his win on Saturday.
He also acknowledged that MVP has a big presence in the boxing world.
MVP promoted both of Paul’s fights with Mike Tyson and Anthony Joshua.
And just last month, MVP made its UK debut, as Caroline Dubois defeated Terri Harper to become the unified WBC and WBO lightweight champion.

PFL Brussels on talkSPORT
Fans in the UK and Ireland can watch PFL Brussels for free this weekend on the talkSPORT Boxing YouTube, Facebook and X channels.
The early card is set to start at 5.30pm BST (12.30pm ET) with the main card action scheduled for 8pm BST (3pm ET).
Benson Henderson and Patrick Habirora’s main event will take place after 10pm BST (5pm ET).
More details HERE
UFC Schedule
For all the upcoming fights and results this year, check out talkSPORT.com’s UFC schedule.
On returning to fight for MVP, Parnasse said: “I’m happy to come back any time.
“If it’s a good offer, I’m happy to showcase my talent.”
The Frenchman then named Mike Perry, who defeated Nate Diaz in a bloody war on the same card, as a potential future opponent for a fight in Paris.
Only time will tell where Parnasse ends up next, but it’s clear there are multiple paths for him to go down.
What is also evident is that the UFC will have to come in with a big offer to secure the lightweight star’s services.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0